Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day #7

Most of the time, we'd just lay on the floor and listen to music with our eyes closed.  His head would be touching my head and my hand would be in his.  We liked the record player the most.  We could listen to CDs any time.


I placed a stack of LPs and 45s on top of each other and set the turn table in motion.  We lay on the Persian rug with our eyes closed. 


After a couple of hours, the Beatles began to play.  We listened in silence for a while-- I mouthed the words, not wanting to wake him up.  Then the song 'Something' came on.  It was my favorite.


"Hey, love?" I asked him.  "Are you awake?"


The room was warm and the Persian rug exceptionally comfortable, so I expected him to sleep through my words.


"I'm awake," he responded.


I smiled.


"Don't you love this song?" I asked him.


"I do," he said.


I breathed deeply and then I felt him lift himself from the carpet patch next to me.  I opened my eyes to find that he was standing above me.  Without saying anything, he extended his arm to me and I grabbed it, allowing him to pull me up.  In one fluid motion, he lifted me from the floor where I landed in his arms.  He supported me until I regained my footing.


I stood up on my own and he ran his hands up and down my back and I put my arms around his neck.  We began to sway in time with the music.  His face gradually came closer to mine until we were cheek to cheek and dancing in time to the Beatles.


In the amount of time that I've known that falling in love is possible, I never thought it would happen to me.  In this precise moment, during this one song, I've never been more sure of anything in my life.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Author's Note: I'm a hopeless romantic.  I really want this to happen in real life.  Boyfriend, even though you don't really know about this blog, I hope you find this so that we can follow through on this thing.  Pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment